Delivering TBM to Minneapolis MN

Friday, August 5, 2011

8/5/2011 - Economy


Well, the international stock market tanked today. Don't even want to know what happened with my retirement funds. Best to just leave it alone for the next 18 years. At least gas prices should come down in the next couple of weeks. I'm more concerned with job opportunities than anything else. If things don't start picking up soon, the Majors may put off hiring for God knows how long.

Did get some good news from the Teamster's today. Suppose to have a TA finalized here in a couple of weeks:

" I am pleased to say that we believe we are close to a deal with the company. On August 10, 2011 your negotiation team will be going to Tulsa to work out the very small differences left, and to finish up the definitions, after which we will print a summary of the contract and go to LAS for the first of the road shows starting (time still open) Aug 17-19, 2011 at the Fairfield Inn where the crews are currently staying. Other road shows will be in DFW, ATL, and finishing up in SNN. "

It's been a long 4 years of negotiations. I'm hoping we get close to industry standard pay and I get my base returned. Then I might consider staying, especially if I can hold LAS CA.

Sat down with a couple of Omni guys while in HNL and heard a couple of guys got in trouble for calling in sick before a trip; one got suspended.

Well, Brian and I are doing another VH trip over to HNL here in a few hours. Looking forward to just sitting on the beach early Sat morning and watching the sunrise. If my calf lets me, I might go up to Diamond Head and watch the sun rise. Just wish I had brought my camera's battery charger.... gggggrrrrr.....

The icon attached to this post is the new Adobe Photoshop CS5. Trying to learn all the different things you can do with it. I even have a 10 DVD Training program that I'm going through. It's amazing all the stuff that program has in it.

No comments: